fredag 2. oktober 2009

That ANNOYING future.

Yo all,

As you can probably see in the title, I am so confused about what to do IN THE FUTURE. Everyone keeps asking: "What are you gonna do in the future? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?! Do you want to become an actor or a musician? Don't you know how hard that is?"

OF COURSE I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS! But what if everyone thought that way? Then WHO would become the next generation of actors and singers? And EVERYTHING else for that matter. I just don't want to aim for a typical 9 to 5 office-job. Maybe some day I will find out that this tyoe of job actually is perfect for me, but for now, I have ambitions. HUGE ambitions. And that sucks sometimes. In a way, I wish I would want to stay in Norway, get a degree, get a job and start a family... That would make life a lot easier. But that's not what I want. I want to settle down somewhere someday and start a family, but for now, going abroad, moving to NYC to study music and drama, and exploring the entire world is all I dream about.

I am applying to several universities in New York. I just don't know which ones to go for.
The only one I'm certain about is AADA - American Academy of Dramatic Arts. This is an academy where you study only acting and theatre-related subjects. In order to get in, you have to audition. They might look at your diplomas, but it's more about the talent for acting. The program seems amazing. Voice training and drama training in all types of acting. Not to mention the list of alumni (Danny DeVito, Grace Kelly, Adrien Brody, Kim Cattrall, Paul Rudd ++) !
If I were to go to this school, it would initially be for one year, and a second year would be only by invitation. This would be such an opportunity!
Then again, I would also like to go to a "proper" university where I would be able to take other classes as well. I mean, it's nice to have something to go back to if the drama and music dreams don't come true. But I'm also SICK of exams and homework and assignments and SHIT like that, so I am (as you probably understand) really confused about what to go for. My ultimate dream would be Juilliard, but... come on! That's just TOO ambitious! I know, I know, someone has to get in, and that someone could be me, and it doesn't hurt to try, but... NO. I would honestly just be disappointed if I didn't get in. And I know that's not a positive attitude, but whatever!

I guess I have to keep looking for the perfect course for me.. I was thinking about taking a music bachelor, and the Voice-program at Mannes seemed AMAZING! We'll see. Before that, I have a lot of other stuff to take care of.. Like earning money for uni. ;) And I choose to believe that "the future" (abstract as it is) is still faaaaar away, which gives me plenty of time to enjoy LIFE!
-Have a great weekend!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar