torsdag 8. oktober 2009

Green Day on Monday!

Hey all,

I'm sorry it's been quite a while since I last wrote. I guess i didn't find the time (well of course I HAD the time, i just couldn't FIND the time. I like that expression. Kinda lets you choose what you have time to do!) to write earlier. I've been working the whole week, which is ok, but it breaks my heart a little that pretty much everyone else has a week off, seeing that it's Fall break in Norway at the moment.

Anyway, I kind of get my own little break now, as I have the day off tomorrow. That means I get a long weekend, and THEN (drumroll...) I'm going to Oslo to se Green Day! I can't wait. It's gonna be such an amazing thing to finally see them live!

HOWEVER, I am also freaking out a little bit, because I don't know all the lyrics yet! I know what you're thinking.. "If you're such a huge Green Day fan, why don't you already KNOW all the lyrics?!" or... "You shouldn't force yourself into memorizing the lyrics. If you REALLY like the band, the lyrics will speak to you and you will learn it NOT because you HAVE to, but because you LISTEN to it.." If you, as I predicted, ARE thinking in this way, or in a similar way, SCREW YOU!

First of all, it's not that I HAVE to learn ALL the lyrics, but it would look really stupid if I just stood there nodding along to all the songs. I'm just hoping they will play some of the good old songs as well, and not just songs from the newest album. Don't get me wrong, I like it all, it's just that.. The old ones ARE better. To be honest, I think that it's hard for any band to produce the amount of music Green Day has, without having certain songs be a little similar.
I always feel that the biggest argument for non-Green Day fans is that all the songs are soooooo similar. I don't get it. I like Green Day because of their SOUND. That doesn't mean that I want ALL their songs to be VERY similar, but I like the fact that I can recognize Green Day's songs because I 'know' their sound.

And they're not all the same by the way.. Try listening to Hitchin A Ride, King for a Day, Blood, Sex and Booze and Insomniac, and you'll find out that Green Day is a lot more than Time of Your Life, Basket Case and American Idiot..

Anywayzzz, I can't be bothered to convince more people to listen to Green Day, because the ones that aren't by now, are a lost cause. ;)(and yes, I realize that everyone is different and has a personal taste in music and art and life and your mom, BLAH!) enjoy your weekends, my dear fans!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar