lørdag 17. oktober 2009

Long live Green Day!

I know it has been a while. I guess you can say that I have been "busy". Even though I had three days off work and was in Oslo to see Green Day (!!!!!), it has been STRESSFUL. When we came to Oslo, there was (of course) a problem with the hotel booking. Somehow, there was no reservation for us. This is JUST my luck. Seriously. It's a funny thing, actually. WHY do I ALWAYS jinx EVERYTHING?! In a moment of wekaness, I managed to say: "What would you do if there was no reservation? Or if something happened with the flight registraion?" ... and guess what? IT DID! Apparently, we booked the wrong flight home, so we had to book another flight, which meant 500 kroners (100 dollars) less on my account. And it doesn't stop there! On top of all the other CRAP that already had taken place during (ONLY) two days, I also managed to LOSE my wallet. (YAAAY). Just talking about it stresses me. So I think I'm gonna stop right there. I assume you all think this means that the Oslo-trip was a big tragedy...

Well, IT WASN'T! I could have lost three fingers, one foot and my cellphone as well, and the trip would still be worth it. Why, you ask? Because the concert was A (wait for it) .. MAAAAZING! We had to wait for hours outside Oslo Spektrum in order to get a decent spot at the concert. It was cold, one hour felt like one year towards the end, and when we got in and waited for about an hour before Green Day came on stage, I was sweating like a pig (pigs don't actually sweat, but you know what I mean..).


I only managed to get a couple of decent photos at the end of the concert. This is during the song, "Good Riddance (Time of your life).

Green Day started the show with the song "21st Century Breakdown" followed by "Know your Enemy". From the very SECOND they started playing until the last song (Time of your life), the entire audience couldn't stop screaming, dancing, jumping and singing along. The whole thing was such an incredible experience. This was the first time I saw Green Day live, and it won't be the last! You have my word. For me, the ultimate moment was when they played one of my favorite song, "Hitchin' a Ride". Another amazing moment was at the end of "21 guns". Billie Joe Armstrong was standing center-stage and singing alone with his guitar. There were sparkles coming down from the "sky", and I (sensitive as I am) was crying. I NEVER thought I would cry, but Green Day has turned me into a weeper. And you know what? I LOVE IT!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Green Day! You are my heroes!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar